by Bill Schoenborn
(Agawam, MA, USA)

I used to work in radio, and I have always been fascinated with audio recording and production. On a tour of RCA Studio B in Nashville, I saw two "Mojo Makers" in a rack of processing equipment. They are obviously custom-built, and I have been unable to discover what these devices do. They both have a Gain control and a meter switch which has positions of Off, V1, V2, V3, V4, V5 and V6. The meter face says "Test," and has a range from 0 to 50. The top unit has two other controls. One is unlabeled; the other is unreadable. Does anyone know what these "Mojo Makers" are and how they were used?

Bill Schoenborn

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Outboard Recording Equipment.

Share this page:
Enjoy? Click here to share the HTML code with your friend's!

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.